4/29/13

At a meeting with US Congressman Howard Coble on Monday, I told him I would be putting this up. BB&T included


Howard's office is in what used to be the J.C. Bradford's space on the corner of Elm and Cornwallis when I started out in the stock brokerage business in 1994.  He occupied the corner where my boss Dave Kinney gave me a lot of very good advice.  I pointed out where Barry Reid's office was in the opposing corner.  I talked with an assistant who knows David Robinson, and we spoke of his deceased brother Geran...

Howard is a pretty sharp tack for his age.  I think his body is failing him far faster than his mind.  In conversation, I quoted some Fight Club, "On a long enough time line, your survival rate is 0." as we talked about the financial and political ethics classes I've taught at Greensboro's Shepard's Center and old age

I told him I wasn't accepting contributions or spending my own money to be Mayor of Greensboro.  He told me in response he gave up his congressional pension.  Same thing only different. 

I visited the office where I made thousands of cold phone calls to build my business.  Bob Pleasants taught me about fat NASDAQ spreads.  David Robinson taught me banks.  Others taught me some of what not to do via some of their business practices.  Keith Carvell, who was my sales manager at my one year at Prudential Life Insurance company, hired after me, went on a rocket ride and faded away.  He isn't with us anymore as well. 

Even though Kemp Reece lived a few blocks away, they put blinds up on his window so he could pull a cot out and take a nap in the afternoon. 

Congressman Coble and I talked a lot about Greensboro.  DGI, Robbie Perkins, the corruption, council members soliciting campaign money from those with business before the city, GPAC, Potholes, the Greensboro Partnership, TREBIC and the Ice Rink money DGF situation.

I told him that I've taught financial ethics to CPA's and attorneys for more than 10 years, and provided in print, the following email conversation with Howard's Senior Legislative Assistant Kirk Bell, beginning in late July of 2012, on my situation with Wells Fargo. I had gone public with my whistleblowing situation the month before and Wells told me to take down the info from my site or I would be terminated;
Bell, Kirk Kirk.Bell@mail.house.gov Jul 31 2012 to me

George –

I hope all is well. I wanted to contact you and let you know I am available if you want to discuss information regarding the Federal Reserve. If you want to provide a phone number, I can call at your convenience. Let me know if we can be of service.

Thanks,

W. Kirk Bell
Sr. Legislative Assistant
Rep. Howard Coble, NC 6th
.
.
George Hartzman Jul 31 to Kirk

Absolutely. Name time and place.

Will have to send a few things beforehand.
.
.
from: George Hartzman
to: "Bell, Kirk"
bcc: jeff.sturman@occ.treas.gov, beverly_gillion@burr.senate.gov, tyler_patrick@hagan.senate.gov, chris.cook@finra.org, frank.vance@occ.treas.gov, larry.haddox@occ.treas.gov, lori_livingston@burr.senate.gov
date: Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

subject: Incoming info - The links that don't work are one's I had to take down last Friday. Please call with questions.

“As of December 31, 2009, the Bank had $5.0 million outstanding through the Federal Reserve Bank with one 42-day term advance.

...The Bank also has an available line of credit with the Federal Reserve Bank totaling $20,529,510

...As of December 31, 2009, the Bank had $5,000,000 outstanding maturing on January 14, 2010 with an interest rate of 0.25%

UNION BANK and TRUST COMPANY

Registrant By: /s/ Thomas M. Combs
President and CEO
Date: March 26, 2010


http://www.bloomberg.com/data-visualization/federal-reserve-emergency-lending/#/overview/?sort=nomPeakValue&group=none&view=peak&position=0&comparelist=none&search=


These are the secret loans.

If they were not secret, I would think Bloomberg News wouldn't call them secret.

I found some small banks governed by the North Carolina Commissioner of Banks did report the loans correctly.

I manage discretionary money in advisory accounts.

I have a legal fiduciary obligation to my clients.

I didn't know because they didn't report what they should have therefore I gave wrong advice because who I work for lied, thus violating SARBOX etc...

Still unknown was the size of the credit lines, and the interest rates and whether or not the banks still have access or are using lines of credit.


Did Wells Fargo CEO John G. Stumpf profit from stock and option compensation while not disclosing material information?
.
.
from: George Hartzman
to: "Bell, Kirk"
bcc: jeff.sturman@occ.treas.gov, frank.vance@occ.treas.gov,larry.haddox@occ.treas.gov,tyler_patrick@hagan.senate.gov, lori_livingston@burr.senate.gov, beverly_gillon@burr.senate.gov
date: Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM

subject: On People's Bank of NC and BB&T. People's reported, BBT didn't
.
.
from: George Hartzman
to: "Bell, Kirk"
bcc: tyler_patrick@hagan.senate.gov, larry.haddox@occ.treas.gov, frank.vance@occ.treas.gov, jeff.sturman@occ.treas.gov, lori_livingston@burr.senate.gov,
beverly_gillon@burr.senate.gov
date: Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM
subject: Harry Markopolos - Bernie Madoff

In front of the House Financial Services Committee hearing, the former investment manager told how his nine years of repeated warnings to SEC enforcement officials went ignored and how they dismissed his detailed "red flag" reports.


http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1877181,00.html#ixzz22V9BeiLj
 
Madoff Whistleblower: SEC Failed To Do The Math

It was redemption of a sort for Harry Markopolos, ...who spent nearly a decade on Madoff's trail — and whose warnings were largely ignored by securities regulators.


http://www.sec.gov/news/studies/2009/oig-509.pdf

Madoff whistleblower blasts SEC

A whistleblower who repeatedly warned the Securities and Exchange Commission that Bernard Madoff was perpetrating a massive investment fraud testified Wednesday that the regulatory agency that oversees financial markets is inept, "financially illiterate" and far too cozy with the financial titans it is supposed to be regulating.

The SEC is also captive to the industry it regulates and it is afraid of bringing big cases against the largest most powerful firms,"

"Cleary the SEC was afraid of Mr. Madoff."

Harry Markopolos

After at first receiving an encouraging reception from the SEC's Boston Bureau Chief, Edward Manion, Markopolos said the New York SEC office, which supervised Boston, blocked a further investigation.

Markopolos said the SEC is in need of a major overhaul.

Senior managers should be replaced, lawyers should be separated from financial investigators, and the agency should hire employees who have years of Wall Street experience, he said.
.
.
Bell, Kirk Kirk.Bell@mail.house.gov Aug 22 to me

George –

I hope all is well. I am still working on this.

I will let you know how things are moving along.

Thanks,

W. Kirk Bell
.
.
George Hartzman hartzmancpe@gmail.com Aug 22 to Kirk

Actions and words.

Two different things.

Have I gone through the stuff with you yet?
.
.
Bell, Kirk Kirk.Bell@mail.house.gov Aug 22 to me

George –

One of the apprehensions I have is that I am not sure what you need from us. I will gladly try to help guide you, but our office handles legislative concerns. If this information is accurate, and I am not doubting it is, there is a serious problem. However, we are not a law enforcement agency. We cannot require an agency to consider or not consider your information. You will probably be better served by contacting the FBI or SEC. If there is anything we can do in a legislative capacity, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

W. Kirk Bell
Sr. Legislative Assistant
Rep. Howard Coble, NC 6th
.
.
George Hartzman Aug 22 to Kirk

Then what did you mean when you said you were working on it?

If Howard comes out and has a press conference asking for some accountability, that would be great.

Let me know.

That's what I am looking for.

Someone to step up and say something.

To actually do something.

If not, you will have chosen to do nothing, and hopefully will be held to account.
.
.
Bell, Kirk Aug 22to me

George –

I was trying to find out if there was anything I could do to help.

My suggestion is that you contact a law enforcement agency.

Thanks,

W. Kirk Bell
Sr. Legislative Assistant
Rep. Howard Coble, NC 6th

.
.
.
George Hartzman v Wells Fargo Linkfest so far, Ordered Oldest to Newest
 
SEC and FINRA Whistleblower Evidence

If Union Bank and Trust in Oxford, NC disclosed Federal Reserve loans Wells Fargo didn't, how did Wells Fargo not violate Sarbanes Oxley?

Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi on George Hartzman's Whistleblower Filing

Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi "Secret and Lies of the Bailout"

Wells Fargo's attorney Gregory C. Keating re; Wells Fargo Advisors LLC / Hartzman / 4-3750-13-010

Hartzman versus Wells Fargo Advisors, Part One, including some emails from Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi

George v $WFC Part One, Scene Two; Hartzman emails to @MTaibbi on $JPM's #JamieDimon, with some Bloomberg's @bobivry

Wells Fargo v Hartzman DOL/OSHA Evidence, with some SARBOX info from Keating's "Retaliation and Whistleblowing"

On Whistleblower Protections and Wells Fargo's violation of George Hartzman's anonymity

Gregory Keating on Qualified Protected Activity Under SARBOX

I was wondering why Wells Fargo's attorney from Littler Mendelson didn't bring up "the right to confidentiality"

"Complaint to a Member of Congress"; ABA..., and Facebook conversations with then US Congressman Brad Miller

No comments: