7/10/14

On Israel's Military and Palestinian Rockets

If a Sudanese terrorist organization whose stated goal is to eliminate Egypt, shoots rockets over the border
and the Sudanese government doesn't respond, should Egypt use force to eliminate the threat?

What if Mexican militants targeted San Diego?

Two kinds of morality.

One which we preach but don’t practice,
the other which we practice but seldom preach.

Bertrand Russell

War is cruelty.

The crueler it is the sooner it's over.

General William Tecumseh Sherman
Employed "scorched earth" tactics against the Confederacy

I don't care if I follow your rules, if you can cheat, so can I.

 I won't let you beat me unfairly, I'll beat you unfairly first.

Ender Wiggin
Fictional Military Strategist

The flapping of a single butterfly's wing today produces a tiny change…
…so, in a month's time,
a tornado that would have devastated the Indonesian coast doesn't happen,
or maybe one that wasn't going to happen does.

Ian Stewart
The Mathematics of Chaos

I have studied the enemy all my life.

I have read the memoirs of his generals and his leaders.

I have even read his philosophers…

I have studied in detail the account of every damned one of his battles.

I know exactly how he will react under any given set of circumstances,
and he hasn’t the slightest idea of what I’m going to do.

So when the time comes,
I’m going to whip the hell out of him.

George S Patton

The first rule is not to lose.

The second rule is not to forget the first rule.

Warren Buffett

No comments: